OAHC partners with the High Performance Centre, University of Pretoria and together with sponsors Dita, a high quality programme is offered.
Who leads the Academy?
Tyson Dlungwana – a national player
Nadia Volschenk – a provincial player
The coaches consist of National Senior and Under 21 players, and provincial players.
What do the children learn?
- The basic concepts and rules of the game.
- The elements of playing in a team.
- Technical skills taught from an early age.
- The skills required for playing on astroturf.
- Interaction with top level players will inspire and encourage.
- Development of their skills in order to integrate them into the senior levels.
- And, of course, a love for the game!
When is training?
12 Friday afternoon sessions starting the 17th of April.
The u5s-u11s will be from 17:00-18:00 and the u12s and u13s from 18:00-19:00, Thereafter the junior games will take place until 20:30. (TBC)
How are the sessions structured?
- 30 minutes on hockey-specific coordination and strengthening exercises conducted by the TUKS High Performance.
- 60 minutes of specialised coaching in groups of 6 – 8
11 and under play mini games during the session.
12 and 13-year olds play against other school teams. These matches often serve as curtain raisers to the League matches, which provides the excitement of playing with the Club and under lights!
January (24th, 31st) and February (7th, 14th, 21st,, 28 th) TBC
October (2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th) and November (6th, 13th) TBC